This is my very private story that I haven’t shared with you yet.
How I fell, how I rose and how I found my Own Path to be the woman I wanted to be!
Exactly a year ago, on 29th Oct 2014 my life fell into pieces. My partner broke up with me because he chose another woman.
Because of him I left my corporate life
Because of him I started my own business
In fact I did so many things because of him
I was giving more than receiving
I was tolerating relationships that were destroying my soul
My life was an endless list of goals to achieve
My body was tired and lonely
I remember very well that feeling after our chat on the phone. I felt scared, lonely and abandoned. Suddenly nothing made sense in my life. I could see the puzzles but they just didn’t match to one another.
And I remember very well that feeling when I woke up the day after. The sun was still shining, the European continent didn’t break into pieces, morning coffee tasted as usual. And again I burnt toasts.
Life was following its own wise rhythm… and somehow it didn’t want to share my sadness and disappointment. Which made me think that maybe my sadness is only my judgment about the situation… or my judgment about myself.
And on that morning I made a conscious decision that from now on I am going to follow my Own Path.
YES, MY OWN PATH.
Step into my own power
Listen to my intuition
Fall in love with my body
Live a life on my own conditions
Be the woman I have always wanted to be.
The funny thing is that I have always known my Path… but I was too scared.
And I rationalized it too much. “It will never work”. “This is just crazy” and so on.
But well, on that day I said to myself – now or never.
Yep. Now or never.
You can’t imagine how scared I was!
No, wait. My mind was scared.
My intuition was more than happy!
HERE’S THE DEAL I MADE WITH MYSELF:
Only pure honesty with myself!
What a relief to my inner voice and soul.
And so far..
THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE!
WAS IT EASY?
Some of my friendships failed. Some people felt offended or disappointed by my change (into a bitch as they said).
Well… the way they perceived themselves and me was their choice and didn’t have much to do with me…
I had to let many things go, to become aware of my own stories I kept telling myself and consciously redesign them to work on my favor.
If you want to invite new friends into your house, you want to do the cleaning first, don’t you?
CHOOSING YOUR OWN PATH MAY COST YOU TIME AND ENERGY
But the cost of staying on the previous track was much higher.
I met wonderful people
I strengthened existing friendships
I met a wonderful man
I remember every minute of the last 12 months
And I enjoyed them all.
And I believe my life is truly a miracle.
WHAT DID I DO TO FOLLOW MY OWN PATH?
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN PATH?
There are 3 parts of You to look at (and I strongly suggest you working in exactly this order):
STEP #1 YOUR MIND & MINDSET
- Practice awareness – be here & now, find pleasure in simplicity. Concentration, meditation or dance may be helpful here
- Become aware of stories you keep telling to yourself when nobody watches
- Change your self-beliefs so your mind will no longer sabotage you, your self-esteem or your hidden dreams
- Build healthy borders with the world by saying “no” to things you don’t feel aligned with. They are not good for you anyway
- Become aware that forcing, pushing, fighting and resistance is always a sign that you are not on the right track
- Redirect your attention – from the outside to the inside. From things happening around you to things happening inside you (there is so much happening there!)
STEP #2 YOUR BODY
- Create time & space just for yourself. Even 5 minutes will be make a big change
- Find pleasure in looking after your body. Don’t treat your body as a “to-do” list full of irritating obligations
- Love your body. This is your friend, not your worst enemy to fight with
- Listen to your body. Tensions and aches may be a sign of emotions or stress that you have hidden in your body
- Let yourself be feminine the way you want to. It is YOU who decides about you. And nobody else
- Be sensual. No, I do not mean sexual. I mean – pay more attention to all your senses, so you can have a more juicy, fulfilling life
- Build a healthy relationship with your breasts. Yes, I know how it sounds. But believe me – breasts are really the key to your relationship with yourself as a woman
STEP #3 YOUR SOUL
- Instead of giving find pleasure in receiving. Build a healthy balance between giving and receiving
- Listen to your inner voice/intuition/gut/soul. Just listen. Yes, I know, it’s hard, but it’s worth it
- Accept the fact that your mind can’t rationalize your intuition. Your intuition will never give answers to “why” questions, which your mind loves so much
- Open up and trust. Let yourself be guided by your intuition, let your life surprise you and bring some fresh air
- There are no bad or good things in your life. Only lessons. Everything that you experience happens for a reason. So just…enjoy the ride, play with it
- Take a deep breath and relax. In every moment you are exactly in the place where you should be. Nowhere else
- Be kind. Yes, be kind to everybody. Also to your not-the-best-friends . They have their own problems and struggles too.
FOLLOWING YOUR OWN PATH MAY NOT BE THE EASIEST…
There is nothing more priceless than being You.
Being the Woman you have always wanted to be.
NOW IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO FIND YOUR OWN PATH!
The Universe is waiting for you with their hands full of beautiful gifts. And it is your decision to take the courage and step into your power. To take the first step on Your Own Path.
And once you open up for changes and you trust your intuition, things start to happen in such a smooth way, that you may not even notice them happening. There is no pushing, no forcing, no resistance if you walk Your Own Path. Because you become fully aligned with yourself and your soul.
SO… HOW ABOUT YOU? HAVE YOU FOUND YOU OWN PATH?
How about us celebrating together the best year of your life in October next year?
I will bring a bottle of Prosecco 🙂
PS: And you know what?
I couldn’t be more grateful to my ex that he broke up with me that October night!
And that is probably why we met.
I am truly blessed and excited to introduce you to the newest member of our blogging family.
Kathleen Zajac is an internationally recognized body & heart alignment mentor and certified healer. Her mission is to help women reconnect with their bodies, hearts and souls. She shows women how – by accepting and falling in love with your body – you can step into your inner power and become the woman who you’ve always wanted to be.
Kathleen passionately studied sociology of body, health and illness for her M.A. and PhD studies. She has been practicing meditation for more than 18 years now. On her quest to find her feminine sparkle she tried tango, flamenco, belly dance, yoga, tantra, a few broken relationships and different methods of body energy healing.
“I love that moment when I wake up a sparkle in the eyes and a soul of another woman, and gently remind her that she is beautiful, feminine and can stay vulnerable, yet strong”.
To follow her work and connect with her: